What do members of OMEP-USA do?
Each in our own way, we are child and family advocates
and activists who…
- Work locally, nationally and internationally to
promote the health, development, rights, and
education of the world’s children and families.
- Do what we are already doing for children… and
then just a little bit more…
- Advocate for high quality early education for
all children everywhere.
- Educate ourselves and others about important
issues relating to children, families, and early
- Support OMEP-USA’s projects, currently including
- Haiti Relief Project (a World OMEP project)
- Book donation drive for a preschool in Jamaica and
professional materials drive for early educators in
- Events, such as Universal Children’s Day
celebrations, to bring attention to child and family
- U.S. ratification of the International Convention
on the Rights of the Child (CRC)
- Workshops, seminars, conference presentations to
raise awareness about the needs of the world’s
- Various UNICEF programs and projects
- Activities, large and small, undertaken by OMEP-USA
members at home and abroad, such as helping with
in New Orleans after Katrina and in Indonesia after
the tsunami, providing childcare in Georgia after
or knitting caps for newborns in Malawi and chemo
caps for hospitalized children in the U.S.
- Encourage scientific research to improve
children’s lives and promote human understanding.
- Join OMEP members in more than 60 countries
working toward these shared goals.
- Speak up for young children whenever and
wherever the opportunity arises.
Current projects. Click
Photo Gallery. Click here.
Membership. Click here.