Just The Facts
- Founded: 1887
- Student to Faculty Ratio: 13 to 1
- Average Class Size: 19
- Student Body: 1,648 students from more than 40 U.S. states and 27 countries
- Ethnic Diversity: 44% students of color
- Male/Female Ratio: 47/53%
- Full-time Faculty: 109
- Location: 18 miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles.
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the most diverse liberal arts campus in California
- Named one of The Princeton Review’s Best 378 Colleges
- Included in The Princeton Review’s Guide to 286 Green Colleges
- Profiled in The Templeton Guide: Colleges that Encourage Character Development
- Featured in Kaplan’s Unofficial, Unbiased Guide to the 328 Most Interesting Colleges, which called Whittier College “a hidden treasure”
- 89% of Whittier graduates complete their degrees within 4 years.
- 83% of our applicants to medical school are accepted. Law school acceptance is even higher.
- The proportion of Whittier alumni who go on to advanced degrees place us in the top 11% of U.S. colleges.
- Whittier has produced a U.S. President, 4 Rhodes Scholars, 3 Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellows, as well as 3 Fulbright Scholars just last year!
- About 40% of male and 30% of female students participate in Whittier’s NCAA (Division III) varsity sports. Other members of our Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) are Caltech, California Lutheran, Chapman, Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, La Verne, Occidental, Pitzer, Pomona, Redlands, and Scripps.
Athletic Teams (M=Men’s Team, W=Women’s Team)
Basketball (M, W)
Cross Country (M, W)
Golf (M, W)
Lacrosse (M, W)
Soccer (M, W)
Swimming/Diving (M, W)
Tennis (M/ W)
Track & Field (M, W)
Water Polo (M, W)