Application for SMART Program Undergraduate Fellows
2015 Undergraduate Application Process is Currently Underway!
How do undergraduate fellows apply?
- Identify a Whittier College faculty member willing to serve as your research advisor/mentor.
- Complete 2015 Undergraduate Fellow Application
- Submit formal letter of reference from your research advisor/mentor.
- Provide two names of Whittier faculty who can speak to your academic and research abilities.
- Submit 2015 Spring Academic Progress Report.
- Must be a current sophomore or junior
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Be able to commit to the required summer involvement (both research and workshop).
- Be able to participate during the academic year in helping local teachers put into practice the new strategies worked on during the summer.
How do high school teachers apply?
Participating teachers are selected based on their content area and the nomination of their school principals. If you are a high school teacher interested in participating in the SMART Program, please contact Program Director David Bourgaize for more information.