Home » Services & Support » Printing/Copying/Computing
The library has:
Student Computer Bank with PCs and Macs for database searching, web browsing, word processing, and more!
- These computers are loaded with software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, Firefox, SPSS, etc.
Applications may vary for PCs or Macs. Please ask library staff if you have any questions.
The library has several printers:
- Printers A, B, & C — All in One machines for printing, copying, and scanning
- Printers A & B — Color printers
- Printers C, D, E, & F — B&W printers
Where are they located?
- Printer A (Color) — Main floor, across from the Circulation Desk
- Printer B (Color) — Main floor, across from the Information Desk
- Printer C (B&W) — Main floor, across from the Information Desk
- Printer D (B&W) — Main floor, adjacent to the Information Desk
- Printer E (B&W) — Mezzanine, adjacent to the stairwell
- Printer F (B&W) — Top Floor
How does it work?
- Students, Faculty and Staff are given $40 per semester in their PaperCut printing account. Each time you print you are prompted to enter your MyWhittier username and password and your charges are automatically deducted from your account. B&W prints are .10/page; COLOR prints are .25/page. Save paper, money, and the world by choosing to print double-sided!
- Want to print in color? Choose Printer A or B.
- Want to print from your laptop? Use Web Print. Log in with your MyWhittier account information. Click the "Web Print" link on the left-hand side of the page. Ask staff for additional help. Please note: Web Print only works on-campus.
- Printers A, B, & C can be used as copiers.
- You need to use your MyWhittier account to access Printers A, B, & C. You may also use your Whittier ID card to login to Printers A, B, & C. Charges are automatically deducted from your printing account every time you copy. B&W prints are .10/page; COLOR prints are .25/page.
- Printers A, B, & C can be used for scanning. Each of these devices can scan color documents. However, Printer C can only print in (B&W). You can scan documents or photos and have them emailed to any email account. Use your MyWhittier account or ID card to access scanning functions.
The Scanpro Microfilm/Fiche digital scanner is located across from the Information Desk.
Microfilm cabinets containing the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Whittier Daily News, Quaker Campus, some journals, and other specialized items, are located behind the stairwell on the main floor.
Alumni can obtain a username and password at IT services, located on the ground floor of the Library building, which will allow them to use any of the computers in the library. Using this same username and password also allows for the printing privilege described above and laptop wireless internet access. (additional software need to be installed for wireless internet access)
There are computers available on the first floor for general use. There is a copy machine located on the southeast corner of the first floor of the library, Black and White copy is .10 per page, cash only.