Application Fee: $200
Tuition: $25,000/full year
Housing: TBD, based on student's choice to live at an American homestay or on-campus
Books & Materials: Average cost is $800-$1,000 for the academic school year.
- GPA: Students should have a 2.5 grade point average (As, Bs, and Cs) in their 9-11th or 9-12th grades.
- Grade: Students must be in the 11th grade or have just graduated from high school.
- English: Students must have a 45 TOEFL iBT or IEL TS 4.5 or the equivalent. Students may also request to be interviewed if they do not have a test score
All current 11th grade or recently graduated high school students are encouraged to apply for the Fall 2014 WISE Academic Year Program.
Please submit the following for consideration:
- Application (deadline: April 15, 2014)
- Transcript of 9–11th or 9–12th grade reports in English
- Application fee of $200
- English score if available (students without an English score will be given a Skype interview)
- Bank statement
- Certification of finances
- Copy of passport
Upon receipt of a completed application package, the application package will be reviewed for eligibility in the program.
Students that are accepted will receive an acceptance letter. Upon receipt of the letter, students must pay a tuition deposit of USD $1,000. Upon receipt of the deposit, a student will receive an I-20 along with a conditional letter of admission.
Students should then prepare for their visa interview and request a visa appointment with the U.S. Consulate.
Lastly, students should submit their housing applications prior to housing application deadlines.
Admission and Merit Scholarship Opportunity
A WISE program student who successfully complete the program with a GPA of 3.5 or higher and meet the Whittier College admission standards are eligible to receive a merit scholarship of USD $8,000 for enrollment as a degree seeking undergraduate student at Whittier. With a maintained GPA of 3.5 or higher, this scholarship is renewable for four years.