Our English Honors Society, Sigma Tau Delta, is pleased to announce that our annual Literary Review is open for submissions.
The Lit Review offers a chance for all Whittier College students to publish their essays, poems, stories or other written works in a prestigious literary magazine that’s been printing for several years.
If you have a piece (or pieces) of writing or artwork that you are proud of, we strongly encourage you to submit it. Publications are a wonderful addition to your resume and nothing beats the joy of seeing your name in print. The submission period closes on Monday, February 27th.
- All submissions must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All writings must be in a Word document (.doc, docx. or rtf)
- Include a cover sheet containing your name, email, a short author bio, and the titles of works submitted.
- Multiple submissions must be in separate Word documents
- All writings must have a title
- All writings must be in size 12 font
- No pieces exceeding 1,000 words will be accepted. Remember that excerpts are welcome.
- Your name & e-mail address must be included in the e-mail and cover letter, but do not have your name in the actual Word document (for our blind voting purposes)
Ex. John Doe Poem Submissions.docx
- Please send all writings in an .rtf or .wpd file and art in a .jpg or .gif file
Art Submission Guidelines:
An email to email@example.com with your name, Literary Review 2015, and your images attached with the following information and guidelines:
- A brief, 1-2 sentence artist biography
- A good digital image of piece with a resolution of at least 300 dpi saved as a jpg format.
- The image should be saved as your first and last name, underscore, and number of the piece
- If you are submitting more than one artwork, please save accordingly:
Ex. JohnnyPoet_2, JohnnyPoet_3
- The email should also contain an image list that includes:
The title of your piece