Building and fostering strong relationships with community-based, non-profit, and educational organizations is key to our work. The CEC has a vast network of local partnerships and a growing contingent of national and international associates.
Every spring, the CEC hosts the College & Community Expo to highlight, celebrate, and recognize Whittier College's partnership with the community. Students present posters highlighting their projects, as well as participate in a panel discussion on the topic of service learning.
The following is only a sampling our numerous partners:
- American Red Cross-Rio Hondo Chapter
- Amy Biehl Foundation
- BCM Foundation
- Boys & Girls Club
- Bridge of Faith
- California Campus Compact
- Center for Nonprofit Management
- City of Whittier
- Community Advocates for People's Choice
- Hispanic Outreach Taskforce
- Interfaith Food Center
- L.E.A.R.N. L.A.
- Conservation Corps
- L.A. Department of Public Health
- Los Angeles County Probation Office
- Lydia Jackson Elementary School
- Office of Congressman Adam Schiff
- Orange County Child Support Services
- Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital
- Rotary Club
- Sky Rose Foundation
- Social Service Commission
- Soroptimist International
- Whittier Chamber of Commerce
- Whittier Rio Hondo AIDS Project
- Whittier Union High School District
In an effort to communicate the vast network of community partners and community resources in the Whittier area, the Center for Engagement with Communities has put together a map of resources near the College. You can view the map as a whole, or look at points of contact through one of four categories: health, public services, social services, and education. This is a community resource and is not meant to be an exhaustive list. Although every effort is made to maintain this list as updated and accurate as possible, we are not responsible for old or outdated information.