Whittier College qualifies the following as international students:
- All citizens of countries other than the United States
- Students who attend a U.S. high school or college, but have a foreign passport
- U.S. citizens attending high school or college abroad
All international applicants will be considered for merit-based scholarships.
- Submit an application in addition to the following items:
- Letter of recommendation: recommenders should be a recent or current instructor and may be indicated on the application
- Secondary School Report: college/guidance counselor may be indicated on application. This does not pertain to International Transfers
- Official transcripts: for International First-Years these should reflect coursework through the junior year for Early Action applications, and through the fall semester of senior year for the Regular Decision applications. For International Transfers, high school transcripts should have a printed graduation date. Please also submit all official college transcripts.
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP, PTE, or DuoLingo exam results. (TOEFL minimum: 80 / IELTS minimum: 6.5 / iTEP minimum: 3.9 / PTE minimum: 53 / DuoLingo minimum: Proficient). Exemptions available for the following:
- A score of 550 or higher on the verbal section of the SAT, or a sub score of 24 or higher on the Reading and/or English sections of the ACT.
- The applicant’s first language is English.
- If the applicant has attended a high school where the primary language of instruction is English for at least three years.
- TOEFL/IELTS/iTEP waiver form.
- International Financial Certification form
Please submit any supporting documentation as well as questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application deadline: October 15
- Decisions sent: Rolling
- Enrollment deposit deadline: November 15
- Application deadline: February 1
- Decisions sent: Rolling
- Enrollment deadline: May 1
- Fully complete your application and leave no question unanswered. If you are having trouble please contact us at email@example.com.
- Use the same name on all documents you submit. Specifically, the name as it exactly appears on your passport will help our office in future immigration matters.
- Thinking about mailing your documents? Save time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to the Office of Admission at 562.907.4870.
- Submit a completed Whittier College International Financial Certification with U.S. dollar amounts listed in the columns for Assured (first year) & Projected Support. Bank statements and third-party signatures will be needed for the visa process if you are admitted.
- Do not miss the application deadlines! It usually takes us 2-3 weeks to process documents that are submitted online so please be patient.
Director of International Admissions & Services
We value the safety of all members of the Whittier community. The Whittier College Annual Security and Fire Safety Report can be viewed online here. This report provides crime statistics for the prior three years, policy statements regarding various safety and security measures, campus crime prevention program descriptions, and procedures to be followed in the investigation and adjudication of reportable crimes. A paper copy of the document is available at the Department of Campus Safety or by calling 562.907.4211