Applying to Whittier College
Whittier College graduates describe their college experience as life-changing, empowering, and unique.
No matter where you've started, where you come from, and where you're headed, there's a pathway for you at Whittier College.
At Whittier College, a First-Year Student is someone who is a high school senior or who has graduated from high school but has not enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year institution of higher education.
At Whittier College, a Transfer Student is someone who has graduated from high school (or equivalent) and has enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year institution of higher education.
Whittier College qualifies citizens of countries other than the United States, students who attend a U.S. high school or college but have a foreign passport, and U.S. citizens attending high school or college abroad as International Students.
Over $72 million in grants and scholarships were awarded to admitted students.
- Total Applications: 3,062
- First-Year: 2,740
- Transfer: 322
- Total Admitted: 2,489
- First-Year: 2,374
- Transfer: 215
- Total Enrollment: 477
- First-Year: 372
- Transfer: 105
Admitted Student Academic Middle 50% Ranges
- First-Year WC GPA (Weighted, grades 9-11): 3.39 - 4.0
- First-Year SAT Total: 1190-1400
- First-Year ACT Composite: 24-31
- Applicants who opted out of SAT and/or ACT scores: 68%
- Transfer GPA: 2.95-3.68
Enrolled Geographic Distribution
- 48.85% from California
- 10% from Western United States (excluding CA)
- 2.5% from the Midwest
- 1.3% from the South
- 1% from the Mid-Atlantic
- 1.3% from the Northeast
- 34% from Outside the United States
Top 10 States
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 0.4%
- Asian: 5.6%
- Black or African-American: 4.1%
- Latinx: 41.7%
- Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.5%
- White: 20.5%
- Two or more races: 4.2%
- Unknown: 16.5%
- Nonresident/International: 6.6%