California Community College Advantage
Whittier's California Community College Advantage is a transfer pathway program offered exclusively to students looking to transfer to Whittier College from any of California's 116 Community Colleges.
Students who have completed at least 30 transferable units at a California Community College, and have maintained at least a 2.9 cumulative GPA will receive the following benefits.
- Guaranteed admission to Whittier College
- Guaranteed placement into the major of their choice*
- Special annual tuition price of $28,000 per year
- Students with a 3.5 cumulative GPA or better will receive a $5,000 annual scholarship
- Students who submit a FAFSA to Whittier College may be eligible for a need-based Whittier Grant of up to $7,000
- Students who pay an enrollment deposit will receive individual academic advising from a Whittier College professor to ensure they select the appropriate classes and determine the best path towards earning their Whittier College degree
- Whittier College is an Associate Degree for Transfer Commitment participating institution
*Exceptions: 3-2 Engineering Program, Social Work, PICES Program, and Whittier Scholars Program. Contact the Office of Admission for individual advise on transferring into these programs.
Can I be considered for the CCC Advantage if I’m from California but am not transferring from a California Community College?
No. The CCC Advantage is only available to students who are transferring from a California Community College.
Can I be considered for the CCC Advantage if I’m currently attending a California Community College but have not yet completed 30 units?
You can transfer to Whittier College with less than 30 units but, in most cases, you will need to complete 30 units to be considered for the CCC Advantage. Contact the transfer admission counselor to discuss the best option for your situation.
If I’m admitted to Whittier College through the CCC Advantage, is my specialized $28,000 tuition price guaranteed for every year I’m enrolled at Whittier?
Yes, the tuition price is guaranteed during your enrollment at Whittier as long as you maintain full-time status.
Do I have to maintain a certain GPA to keep my specialized tuition?
Yes. Students must keep in satisfactory academic standing (2.0 GPA) to keep their specialized tuition.
Can I be considered for the CCC Advantage if I’m a high school student enrolled in a dual enrollment program with a California Community College?
No. Dual enrollment students who wish to apply to Whittier College must do so at First-Year students and do not qualify for the CCC Advantage.
Do CCC Advantage students receive special pricing on room and board?
No. CCC Advantage only impacts tuition. The standard cost for room and board will apply to all Whittier College students who wish to live on campus.
California Community College Advantage Program