On 12 Aug, 2013 By admin 0 Comments
The commuter experience can provide many opportunities for growth, especially if you immerse yourself in positive and dynamic opportunities at Whittier.
Top Six Ways To Get Connected On Campus
- Join a student club or organization. Whittier is a place where people get involved - and with 70 student clubs and organizations on campus, you’re sure to find your niche. Whittier's Leadership Experience and Programs (LEAP) Office can help you identify what groups best fit your interests. Drop by the LEAP Office within the Campus Center or visit its website to get started.
- Attend campus events. Outdoor movie nights, Zumba classes - there is a lot to immerse yourself in after class. Make it a point to regularly check out LEAP's activities schedule and Whittier's event calendar.
- Make it out to commuter events, too. Stay on top of upcoming commuter meet-up dates and other important announcements by joining the Whittier College Commuters group on Facebook.
- Get a campus job. It's never too early to start building your resume - and to make friends while you're at it. Visit Whittier's Center for Career Planning & Internships - in person at the Campus Center or online - to search for on-campus work study positions and internships.
- Purchase a block meal plan and eat at the Campus Inn (CI). Click here for information about meal plan options just for commuters.
- Consider joining student government as an Off-Campus Commuter Representative. Whittier's Commuter Student Association is dedicated to providing commuter students with opportunities for unity and voice on campus. Seize your opportunity to be a leader. Learn more.