This is a tutorial on how to grant your parent or legal guardian proxy access to your confidential records.
1. Login to my.whittier.edu and click on the My Info tab
2. Scroll down to find the Poets Proxy Access channel and click on the Poets Proxy Access link.
3. Click the "Add Proxy" link.
4. Enter the information of the person you wish to add as a proxy, such as your parent or legal guardian. Then click on the "Add Proxy" button.
5. Click on the Expand link next to the proxy's name.
6. From the relationship drop down menu, select "Parent or Legal Guardian."
7. Enter a description that identifies your proxy's relationship to you.
8. Enter a secret passphrase that this person can use to identify themselves over the phone to discuss your confidential records. If you leave this field blank, your proxy will not be able to discuss your information over the phone, but they will still have online access.
9. As a recommendation, you may change the stop date to your expected graduation date, or when you no longer want this person to have access to your records.
10. After completing this form, click on the "Email Passphrase" link to inform your proxy of the passphrase.
11. Above the form, click the "Authorization" link located below your proxy's name.
12. Now, scroll down to see the list of checkboxes at the bottom of the page.
13. To give your proxy access to specific my.whittier.edu pages, click the checkboxes next to the desired pages. To give access to all pages, click the top checkbox.
14. Finally, to notify your proxy of their online access, click on the "Email Authorization" link on the right side of the page.