Fun doesn’t stop where the campus ends. Just a few blocks from the College, Uptown Whittier boasts 64 cafes and restaurants, a movie theater, 17 clothing stores, a farmer’s market, and dozens more shops for students to explore and enjoy.
Here are just a few slices of Uptown life. What hangout will you discover?
- Unwind over a delicious latte at La Monarcha, Starbucks, Lift Coffee Roasters, or The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. (Because college life runs on coffee. So much coffee.)
- Catch the latest movies at Whittier Village Cinemas. ($5 all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays).
- Update your look at Melrose, Haute Mess, Ember and Stone, and more. (New school, new you, right?)
- Find your next jam at Lovell’s Records or your next ride at Legends Boardshop.
- Browse the shelves of Half-Off Books, Geeks, Undercity Comics, or Friends of the Whittier Public Library Bookstore.
- Grab delicious boba at Uno Tea House or sushi at Maki Yaki.
- Expand your night life at The Bottle Room, The Commoner, or The 6740 (for students 21 and over).
- Savor the food of award-winning chefs at Colonia Publica or Forkin Good. (Don’t forget the Instagram photo.)
- Surprise your friends with a dozen donuts from Winchell’s or the perfect gift from Local Fixture.