- Founded: 1887
- Student to Faculty Ratio: 12 to 1
- Average Class Size: 19
- Student Body: 1,750 students from more than 38 U.S. states and 20 countries
- Ethnic Diversity: 69% students of color
- Male/Female Ratio: 44/56%
- Location: 18 miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles.
- Ranked by the U.S. News & World Report as one of the top most diverse National Liberal Arts Colleges
- Named one of The Princeton Review's Best 382 Colleges
- Included in The Princeton Review’s Guide to 375 Green Colleges
- Profiled in The Templeton Guide: Colleges that Encourage Character Development
- Featured in Kaplan’s Unofficial, Unbiased Guide to the 328 Most Interesting Colleges, which called Whittier College “a hidden treasure”
- Named one of the 300 best colleges in the Fiske Guide to Colleges
- 89% of Whittier students who graduate, complete their degree within four years.
- Whittier has produced a U.S. President, Rhodes Scholars, Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellows, as well as Fulbright Scholars.
About 35% of male and 25% of female students participate in Whittier’s NCAA (Division III) varsity sports. Other members of our Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) are Caltech, California Lutheran, Chapman, Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, La Verne, Occidental, Pitzer, Pomona, Redlands, and Scripps.
Athletic Teams (M=Men’s Team, W=Women’s Team)
|Baseball (M)||Basketball (M, W)||Cross Country (M, W)|
|Football (M)||Golf (M, W)||Lacrosse (M, W)|
|Soccer (M, W)||Softball (W)||Swimming/Diving (M, W)|
|Tennis (M/ W)||Track & Field (M, W)||Volleyball (W)|
|Water Polo (M, W)|