Whittier College honors teachers participating in induction programs by providing them the opportunity to earn up to 12 graduate level professional development credits, (6 credits for year one and 6 credits for year two or 10 credits for the Early Completer Option*).
To earn induction units, teachers must:
- Have completed induction program requirements within the last two academic years
- Be in the process of clearing their credential
- Be part of one of the following partner consortiums. If your district or consortium is not listed, complete the Request for Information form below to ask that your district be added or learn about other ways to earn credit through Whittier College.
- El Rancho Unified School District
- Foothill Consortium
- Hacienda-La Puente Unified School District
- Montebello Unified School District
- Chino Valley Unified School District
- Walnut Valley Unified School District
Mentor teachers may register for units through the Induction Program for Mentors.
*Not all induction programs participate in the ECO options. Please check with your induction program.
Teachers interested in applying will need the items listed below to complete the application online.
Induction credits (up to 12 units) earned through Whittier College may be applied towards a 30-semester unit Whittier College Master of Arts in Teaching Degree.
Units are officially posted to transcripts at the conclusion of the semester, when all grades are due and final. Therefore, transcripts may only be ordered at the conclusion of the semester.
Course Information and Cost
EDUC 599: Induction: Advanced Study in Pedagogy – Year One
6 semester credits
EDUC 599: Induction: Advanced Study in Pedagogy - Year Two
6 semester credits
EDUC 599: Induction: Advanced Study in Pedagogy - ECO*
10 semester credits. Lesser amount of units may be earned at $75.00 per unit (not to exceed 6 or 12 units)