- Student to Faculty Ratio: 12 to 1
- Average Class Size: 19
- Student Body: 1,750 students from more than 38 U.S. states and 20 countries
- 65% of students are from California while 5% of students are international
- About 69% students of color
- Campus spread out over 75 acres
- Fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in California
- Named one of The Princeton Review’s Best 376 Colleges
- Included in the 2013 edition of The Fiske Guide to Colleges, which features 300 of the "best and most interesting" colleges and universities in the U.S., Canada, and Great Britain.
- Profiled in the Templeton Guide: Colleges that Encourage Character Development
- Awarded recognition in the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
- 89% of Whittier students who graduate complete their degree within four years.
- Whittier has produced a US President, 4 Rhodes Scholars, 3 Pickering Fellows, and numerous Fulbright Scholars.
- 130 full-time professors instructing in over 30 fields of study
- 100% of our classes are taught by professors
- Whittier Scholars Program: Students may construct a personalized major that fits academic and career goals. Significant experiential learning is included in each program.
- Jan Term: An optional month-long January interim allows for concentrated study in a subject. Ample world-wide travel offerings allow students to experience first-hand, real-world learning opportunities.
- Faculty Masters' Houses: Select faculty live on campus and host educational and social experiences for students, enhancing the sense of community and faculty/student interaction.
- About 35% of male and 25% of female students participate in Whittier’s NCAA (Division III) varsity sports
- NCAA Division III Athletics in the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference; 22 sports (11 men's teams, 11 women's teams)