With the generous support of Don '50 and Virginia Baudrand, Whittier College has established the Don '50 and Virginia Baudrand Fellowship, dedicated to providing financial and mentoring support to Whittier's best students interested in conducting chemistry research with a faculty member.
This fellowship will provide funds for students to conduct supervised research in Chemistry and earn an augmenting scholarship for the fall term following the completion of the summer research project.
- Sophomore or Junior standing
- Majoring or minoring in Chemistry
- A minimum 2.7 GPA
- Demonstrate academic ability.
- The ability to independently explain the area of research in the application.
- Previous experience with research is welcome, but not necessary.
- A stipend of $2,250 for research activities
- A research supplies budget of $250
- Upon completion of the project, a scholarship $250 will be applied towards tuition.
Applying to the Program
The application will be due the first Wednesday in March and is available through Moodle. Requirements are:
- A Chemistry department faculty mentor for the project
- Unofficial academic transcripts
- A 500-word statement articulating the research areas of interest that expands upon how a research fellowship will fit within the future plans of a student.
- Current semester Academic Progress Report.
- Student Contract with project mentor sign-off.
- Signed Mentor Agreement
- Selected semi-finalists may be interviewed, if needed.
Baudrand Fellowship Advisors
Professor Devin Iimoto
Stephanie Jackson '19
Camryn Purdom '18
Hyesoo Kim '17
Mathew Johnson '16
Tammy Le '15