Students enrolled in Whittier College's health insurance plan can use Aetna's Directory of Health Care Professionals to search for in-network mental and medical providers.
All Whittier College students now have access to free tele-medicine, tele-counseling, crisis consultation and life coaching through the Virtual Care Group.
- Crossroads Institute offers teletherapy and telepsychiatry and accepts Whittier College’s student insurance plan with Aetna (they also take all Anthem and Medicare plans). Call (424) 201-1600 to speak with an intake specialist.
- Foresight Mental Health is a group practice that offers telehealth therapy (and in the future in-person), takes a wide variety of insurances (or no insurance), and lets you pick from available therapists based on your situation. They also offer psychiatric services.
- Thriving Campus is a platform that lets you find providers based on your preferences, needs, insurance, and in-person/teletherapy.
- HealthiestYou offers medical and mental health services for a fee of approximately $40 to $85.
- Open Path Collective is committed to offering affordable ($30-60) online or in-person appointments.
- Hillside Wellness: Therapists, psychiatrists, nutritionists that work on a sliding scale to accommodate different financial needs.
- 7 Cups offers free, emotional support through online chats with trained listeners, available 24/7. On-line therapy is $150 per month.
- Support Groups Central for free/low-cost virtual support groups.
- Pelican Cove will offer low/no-income individual/family therapy in the Los Angeles area. They also offer tele-therapy.
- The San Gabriel LGBTQ Center hosts a wide variety of peer-support groups, including groups that specifically reach trans people of color, bi+, LGBT seniors, and more.