The Whittier College Summer Program offers traditional classroom instruction as well as fully online courses.
Courses are scheduled with individual dates of instruction and may overlap other offerings. Please pay close attention to the start and end dates for each class.
Members of Whittier College faculty and select adjunct instructors teach Summer Program courses. All courses satisfy requirements for Whittier College academic credit and may be applied toward degree requirements. The maximum number of credits for which a student may register during the summer is 13. All courses are transcripted using semester credit hours.
Whittier College students
- Register using My.Whittier.edu, Registration tab, Add and Drop Classes link, unless otherwise noted.
- Some classes may require you to accept the Start Date on the Registration Start Date Confirmation page. Click the Submit Changes button to acknowledge the Start Date for your class and continue.
- Use the Registration Fee Assessment link at the bottom of the Add or Drop Classes page to see your balance due.
- Use the Credit Card Payment link at the bottom of the Registration Fee Assessment page to pay your fees. Alternatively you may submit payment to the Business Office located in Mendenhall.
Students Visiting from other Institutions
- Complete an Application for Non-Degree Admission, which is available online here or at the Registrar’s Office front desk in Mendenhall.
- You will be notified of admission via email and provided additional registration instructions.
Registration and fee payment deadlines vary by class.
Add/Drop and Withdrawal Schedule for Summer Undergraduate Enrollment
Instructors may drop students for non-attendance through 25% of class duration. It is the student's responsibility to drop classes before published deadlines. Classes not dropped by the deadline are subject to grading and full fee liability.
1st day of class: Last Day to Add/Drop without “W"
6th day of class: Last Day to Drop with a “W"
No withdrawal or leave of absence is granted during the last week of any course
Academic Calendar Summer 2018
Session 1: May 21 - June 29, 2018
May 21 Instruction begins. Last day to add. Last day to drop without “W”
May 29 Last day to withdraw from a class with a “W”
June 29 Instruction ends
July 9 All grades due
Session II: July 9 - August 17, 2018
July 9 Instruction begins. Last day add. Last day to drop without “W”
July 16 Last day to withdraw from a class with a “W”
August 17 Instruction ends
August 27 All Grades due
Fee Payment and Refund Schedule for Summer Undergraduate Enrollment
Fees must be paid in full before the class Start Date unless otherwise noted above. Note: Some classes have early registration and payment deadlines. Enrollments are canceled for non-payment of fees by the deadline. Late payment and registration reinstatement incurs a $100 penalty.
- 100% of fees are refunded for classes dropped on the 1st day of class
- 90% of fees are refunded for classes dropped on the 2nd day of class
- 80% of fees are refunded for classes dropped on the 3rd day of class
- 70% of fees are refunded for classes dropped on the 4th day of class
- 60% of fees are refunded for classes dropped on the 5th day of class
- 50% of fees are refunded for classes dropped on the 6th day of class
- After day six (6) 0% of fees are refunded
Transcripts for Summer Classes
Please refer to the Registrar's Office Transcript page for information on how to order an official transcript of your Whittier College coursework.