The Alumni Ambassadors program mobilizes a select group of Whittier’s most enthusiastic and supportive alumni.
An invitation to ambassadorship is based on professional achievements that exemplify the value of a Whittier education, as well as a commitment to service which inspires students and strengthens the Poet family.
Ambassadors help grow Whittier’s reputation nationwide and shine a light on the boundless opportunities available to students after graduation.
Ambassadors are chosen from all corners of the Poet alumni family, across all generations and disciplines. These dedicated volunteers represent the best of Whittier’s diverse alumni body and serve a two-year renewable term.
What Alumni Ambassadors Do
Alumni Ambassadors make a difference by:
- Promoting: highlighting Whittier’s activities and successes to people in their own network
- Mentoring: sharing their expertise with students in various settings, such as informational interviews, alumni career panels, educational talks, or by hiring young Poets
- Representing: being featured in College news stories or promotional pieces
- Leading: lending their voice to various programs and initiatives, especially those that shaped their own Poet experience, e.g. their sports team, society, academic department, etc.
- Showing Pride: wearing Poet gear, attending Whittier events, and staying active on social media
- Growing: assuming additional leadership positions down the road
Benefits Exclusive to Ambassadors
- A bi-annual newsletter with behind-the-scenes information
- An annual conference call update from a senior leader at the College
- Invitations to exclusive events
- Access to Whittier’s best and brightest students when looking for interns or employees
- Opportunities to network with fellow Ambassadors and other campus leaders
- Recognition on the Whittier College website
For information about Alumni Ambassadors, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 562.907.4222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.