Grants are gift aid, a form of financial aid that:

  • Does not have to be repaid
  • Is awarded on the basis of financial need
  • Is provided by the College and/or state and federal governments
  • Is renewable for as many as four years
  • Requires a new aid application annually

Whittier College Grant

The Whittier College Grant is offered to Whittier College undergraduate students. Eligibility for this grant is based on demonstrated financial need and full-time enrollment (12-17 units). The Whittier College Grant is subject to change if any federal or state grants are received by the student or if the student receives any additional grants, scholarships or endowments from the College.

Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant is awarded to undergraduate students who have not yet earned a bachelor's degree. This grant will be credited to your account upon full-time enrollment (12-17 units). If you are enrolled for fewer than full-time, you may be eligible to receive a prorated Federal Pell Grant. The maximum award for the 2024-2025 award year is $7,395. The maximum amount is subject to change each academic year based on Federal Policies.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

A Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is awarded to undergraduate students who demonstrate exceptional need. Full-time enrollment (12-16 units) is required to receive this award. FSEOG funds are limited and funds may not be available for applicants who do not meet Whittier College's priority funding deadlines. The amount of FSEOG a student may receive is based on the availability of funds at Whittier College.

Cal Grant A and B

California State Grants are awarded to California residents on the basis of financial need and GPA. Award maximums are established each year by the California Student Aid Commission and are based upon current state funding levels. To be eligible for this award, California residents must have completed the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form and FAFSA by May 2 of the appropriate school year.

If you are a new Cal Grant recipient, you will receive a California Aid Report (CAR) from the California Student Aid Commission indicating your eligibility. Cal Grants are renewable, provided you file a FAFSA each year, maintain satisfactory academic progress, have not completed the equivalent of eight or more semesters of undergraduate course work, and continue to demonstrate need.

If Whittier College is not listed on your CAR, please add the Whittier College code 00134200 and return the CAR to the California Student Aid Commission. Your Cal Grant will not be awarded until Whittier College receives your information from the California Student Aid Commission.

For more information on the Cal Grant, please Click Here.