Stress affects the body in many different ways It can cause physical symptoms such as headaches, rapid heartbeat, chest pain, gastric problems, and much more. Too much stress can also cause psychological symptoms such as difficulty concentrating, irritability, feeling anxious, etc.
Stress Warning Signs and Symptoms
|Cognitive Symptoms||Emotional Symptoms|
|Physical Symptoms||Behavioral Symptoms|
Benefits of Massage
- Loosens, relaxes, tones, and stimulates weak, tight and atrophied muscles
- Improves circulation of blood and lymph throughout the body by providing enhanced oxygenation to organs and tissues
- Improves nerve function
- Opens and balances energy flow
- Promotes overall healing and improves immune function
- Alleviates low-back pain and improves overall range of motion
- May lessen anxiety and depression
- Reduces muscle spasms and cramping
Types of Massage Offered:
- Swedish Combination (relaxation massage)
- Pregnancy Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- 30 minutes - $25
- 60 minutes - $50
75 minutes - $70
The Pregnancy and Deep Tissue massages carry a $10 fee beyond the base price. Patients who fail to cancel their appointment 24 hours prior to their appointment time will be charged the full amount.
Schedule an Appointment
Appointments can be scheduled by calling the Health Center at 562.464.4548. Massages are available to students, faculty, and staff on a bi-monthly schedule when the College is in session. Dates and times available are e-mailed to the campus community approximately one month in advance. Massages are provided by licensed massage therapists. Please download and complete the massage therapy intake form prior to your appointment.
Forms of Payment Accepted
The Health Center accepts cash, checks, and credit cards. Students may pay at the time of service or can have the service billed to their student account. Faculty and staff must pay at the time of service. Massages make a great gift certificate for a friend, colleague or student employee. Gift Certificate recipients must be employed by Whittier College or be enrolled as a student.