The Health & Wellness Center now offers nutritional consults for students. Nutrition Services is designed to educate students in order to help prevent nutrition-related health problems such as eating disorders, obesity, and body image disorders, all of which affect student life both in and outside of the classroom.
What is a Registered Dietitian?
A Registered Dietitian (RD) is a nutrition expert who has met various academic, professional, and practicing requirements and has passed the state licensing exam to hold the title of an RD.
Reasons to See a Registered Dietitian
- Eating disorders
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Food allergies
- Sports nutrition
- Vegetarian diet
- Weight management
- Healthy eating tips
Benefits of Nutrition Services
- Help you navigate the Campus Inn’s food options
- Help determine your ideal body weight
- Design a personalized meal plan
- Offer support and advice for eating disorders
- Design a healthy meal plan for athletes
- Advice for certain diets like vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, PCOS, diabetes, etc.
Make an Appointment
The Registered Dietitian is available once a month. Appointments are free and available to students only. To inquire about the Registered Dietitian's next campus visit and book an appointment, call 562.464.4548. Download and complete the nutrition questionnaire prior to your first appointment with the dietician.