Faculty-led study abroad courses are just like any other courses at Whittier College, except that classes are held all over the world.
Important reasons to consider a faculty-led course:
- Students travel with Whittier faculty and earn Whittier credit.
- Whittier offers a variety of courses, which means students can fulfill major and minor requirements, as well as liberal education requirements.
- Students who cannot give up the time to participate in a semester or year-long program appreciate the opportunity to have a study abroad experience during the shorter JanTerm or MayTerm.
- Students may participate in one or several faculty-led courses during a traditional four-year undergraduate program; or, students can complete a faculty-led course in addition to a longer semester program abroad.
- The tuition fee is low, and Whittier student participants may qualify for a tuition waiver to cover this cost. Review the Faculty-Led Tuition Waiver Policy.
January 2018 Faculty Led-Programs
London: Experiencing Theatre as a Visual Art from Los Angeles to London
Cuba: Baseball as a Caribbean Religion
South Africa: Environment, Culture, and Identity
Paris: People, Place, and Revolutions
Brazil: Afro-Brazilian Culture
May 2018 Faculty-Led Programs
Trentino/Northern Italy: Environmental Science
Costa Rica: Urban Education
Denmark: Child and Family Well-Being in Workfare and Welfare States
Hawai'i: 'Ohana in the USA: Colonialism and Culture Identity Development in Hawai'i
Southern Italy and Sicily: The Cultural Mosaic of Southern Italy