All first-year students, second-year students, and juniors are required to live in Whittier College housing (housing exemption criteria), and all students must complete the housing application forms.
- Incoming students who have submitted their enrollment deposit, will begin receiving their My.Whittier credentials in late spring.
- All students must complete the housing application form (regardless of their intent to live on or off campus). Students will need to use their My.Whittier credentials in order to log into the application on the Housing Application Portal.
- Living off campus can alter your financial aid package. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact the Office of Admission or the Office of Financial Aid.
- Incoming students will have a June 18 (11:59 p.m.) deadline to submit their housing application. Late applications will be processed appropriately, but only after timely applications have been processed.
- Housing assignments will be emailed out to students' Poet email accounts at the end of July. Late applications may not receive their housing assignment until August (dependent on the application submission date).
- Roommate requests are made through the housing application and must be confirmed by all roommates involved in order to considered. Roommate requests are not guaranteed and will be offered based on availability. Room type requests are not guaranteed.
- Students who request housing exemption and meet the housing exemption criteria will receive a confirmation of their request within one business week of the application deadline. Communication will only occur between the Poet Email account and the housing application portal.
Questions? Contact Housing & Residential Life