Alumni are welcome to use to following available resources
- One-on-one career counseling and coaching
- Job postings for alumni through the College's Handshake portal
- Networking events in partnership with Whittier College Alumni Association and its regional chapters
Contact us at CareerCenter@whittier.edu to schedule a career counseling or coaching session. If you live outside the immediate area, sessions are available via Skype or teleconference.
Get Involved in the Professional Development of Current Students
Alumni are invited to support the mission of the CCPD by offering their time and expertise to current Whittier College students. Below are just some of the ways you can get involved:
- Sponsorship simply involves connecting an emerging professional, student or recent graduate to information, resources, and other professionals in your field.
- Career Learning Labs provide students with opportunities to develop their professional brands in real-time simulation environments. As participants, Alumni can expect to coach and roleplay with students and recent graduates virtually or in small groups. A variety of different Career Learning Labs are organized throughout the academic year. Alumni are invited to select one that plays to their strengths: Texting Lab, Emailing Lab, Coffee Talk and Networking Learning Lab, and Interviewing Lab via Skype.
- Mentoring can be as formal or informal as the mentor would like. While there are many ways of giving back, providing your time can be an even more precious commodity that all Poets would appreciate. Start by making a Mentor Profile on Handshake.
Families and stakeholders of the College play a critical role in a student’s undergraduate experience and professional career choices. The CCPD recommends encouraging your student to use the CCPD's services and resources while making it a partner in their career development process throughout college and after graduation.
Contact the CCPD team at CareerCenter@whittier.edu with questions about alumni sponsorship, Career Learning Labs, or job postings.