Alumni are welcome to use to following available resources
- One-on-one career counseling and coaching
- Job postings for alumni through the College's Handshake portal
- Networking events in partnership with Whittier College Alumni Association and its regional chapters
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a career counseling or coaching session. If you live outside the immediate area, sessions are available via Skype or teleconference.
Get Involved in the Professional Development of Current Students
Alumni are invited to support the mission of the CCPD by offering their time and expertise to current Whittier College students. Below are just some of the ways you can get involved:
- Sponsorship simply involves connecting an emerging professional, student or recent graduate to information, resources, and other professionals in your field.
- Career Learning Labs provide students with opportunities to develop their professional brands in real-time simulation environments. As participants, Alumni can expect to coach and roleplay with students and recent graduates virtually or in small groups. A variety of different Career Learning Labs are organized throughout the academic year. Alumni are invited to select one that plays to their strengths: Texting Lab, Emailing Lab, Coffee Talk and Networking Learning Lab, and Interviewing Lab via Skype.
- The CCPD and Office of Alumni Relations collaborate to provide the Backpack-to-Briefcase series of workshops to encourage student exploration of diverse career paths. This award-winning series showcases Whittier College alumni professionals who share their experiences and provide advice and insights for current students.
Families and stakeholders of the College play a critical role in a student’s undergraduate experience and professional career choices. The CCPD recommends encouraging your student to use the CCPD's services and resources while making it a partner in their career development process throughout college and after graduation. Families are also encouraged to familiarize themselves with the career process in order to better empower students.
Contact the CCPD team at email@example.com with questions about alumni sponsorship, Career Learning Labs, or job postings.