Business Office Policies and Procedures
Monthly billing statements are generated on the 1st of the month and can be accessed on the MyWhittier student portal. You may also make Transact online payments and review your account summary via the MyWhittier portal.
Schedule of Charges and Cancellation of Institutional Charges Policy
Tuition and fees are billed every semester based upon enrollment and registration status. Please note the changes in our tuition and fees for the new year:
- A per unit rate will be charged if a student is enrolled in over 17 units per semester.
- The College will only cancel the tuition and fees based on the College’s Withdrawal Policy and in accordance with the withdrawal dates listed in the policy guidelines.
- A Wellness fee will replace the Health Services Fee: $250 per semester/$500 per year.
- A monthly late fee of $50 will incur if the tuition balance is not paid in full or enrollment in a payment plan via Transact is not completed within 10 days after the semester start date. Please see the academic calendar for the semester start date.
Student Health Insurance
All full-time students enrolled in twelve units or more must have sufficient health insurance coverage or be covered through the Aetna Student Health Plan for the Fall and Spring semesters enrolled. Please see the Aetna Student Health website for more information regarding the health plan.
Waiving Health Insurance
Students with personal health coverage may opt out of the Aetna Plan, but are required to submit a waiver with proof of insurance coverage via the health insurance waiver site by September 1. The insurance waiver and proof of personal health coverage are necessary for the Business Office to cancel automatic enrollment in the Aetna Student Health Plan.
Please note: Even if you have submitted proof of insurance to the student health center, you must still submit proof to the Business Office via the health insurance waiver site to complete the insurance opt-out process. The deadline to waive insurance is September 1, 2022.
The insurance waiver only needs to be submitted in the Fall semester by the published deadline. The waiver site is only accessible once the student is registered for 12 units or more for the semester enrolled. International students may NOT opt out of the Aetna Student Health Plan.
Credit on Account Refund Request
Students may request a refund on a credit account balance when available. Refunds are processed weekly on Thursdays. Checks will be processed and mailed to the student’s address on file. Students may enroll in eRefund to receive the credit via direct deposit through the Transact website.
Payment of Tuition and Student Charges
The payment of tuition and other student charges is due the first day of the start of each semester. Students may pay their balance in full or enroll in a 6-month payment plan via Transact.
Login to your MyWhittier portal to access the following online services with Transact:
- Enroll in eRefund for direct deposit.
- Enroll in a payment plan
- Electronic delivery of IRS Form 1098T.
- Make a payment on a student’s account balance.
- Set up an authorized payer for your proxy to make payments on your behalf. To set up a proxy, please see proxy guidelines online.
Pending scholarships, grants, and other financial aid awards will be applied to the student's account after the semester start date.
Transfer student financial aid awards will be applied to the student’s account 10 days after the semester start date.
Financial Responsibility Agreement
Financial Responsibility Agreements are to be completed by all students prior to the first day of classes. A hold may be placed on the student’s account if a signed agreement is not turned in to the Business Office. Students will only need to complete and sign one agreement form for the entirety of their Whittier College tenure.
Questions regarding Business Office holds, payments made or charges due may be sent to the Business Office email.
Questions regarding financial aid loans and awards may be sent directly to the Office of Financial Aid.